Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I was more than ready to return back to Villa life after our long break in Sardegna.  While it was beautiful, the weather was not, and we may have had just a little too much time on our hands.  The night before we left our power went out, which made attempting to pack and clean up very interesting.  I was eager to have great food, a comfortable bed, clean clothes, and meet the our final professor.

Eva is from Dillon, and she is teaching printmaking.  While I am excited to get started, I am also very nervous, as I have never carved into linoleum before.  Eva had us do some preliminary sketches and spoke to each one of us individually about our idea.  She was very pleased with mine, gave me some suggestions and told me to begin.

I started by sketching my design on my linoleum, and began with the straight-edged tool.  My design was very detailed, but after about half an hour, I felt I had a working technique.  Today I worked on my piece for about four hours, and I managed to carve out about an inch of space.  I have a feeling I will be spending several hours in the studio over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment