Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Completing my plate was quite a challenge, and my fingers and neck are killing me.  I am mostly satisfied with how it turned out, although I started carving out a section of my linoleum, originally thinking that I wanted it white.  I changed my mind, so I do have a "mistake" that I am going to try to fix by covering it with thick paper.  Eva has expressed her doubts, and I am hoping that if I cannot get a clean print here, I can take the plate home and find a way to fix the problem.


photo courtesy of Maggie Weber

Printing went alright.  As Eva anticipated, the white spot on my plate was not easy to cover up.  I tried several different methods of printing, and while I was able to fix some of it, the spot still showed up.  I am planning on a more permanent fix back in Billings.  The whole process is very interesting though, and I really enjoy the freedom I have with the finished product.  I have started making smaller prints and changing colors.  I especially enjoy my print in a dark red/brown, and I played around with some double prints too.

No comments:

Post a Comment